Psychiatric Office Coordinator / Insurance Verification
Prior recent working experience as office coordinator in a medical or psychiatric outpatient environment is required.
Responsible for administration, planning and management of all clerical and administrative staff and office activities.
Works diligently to ensure efficient operational flows.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for professional administration of assigned office.
Includes responsibility for, and oversight of, administrative and clinical duties related to physician(s), patients and all employee(s).
2. Ensures appropriate communication to facilitate office compliance related to Company and regulatory policies and practices.
3. Respond to patient account inquires (check for accurate insurance reimbursement & open charges).
4. Negotiates and arranges financial arrangement with patients.
5. Supervises and/or performs Check-In, Check-Out, scheduling, insurance verification/precertification and payment collection process as required due to office demands.
6. Responsible for positive communication of information and remains in-frequent contact with immediate supervisor.
7. Maintains and coordinates provider schedules, time off, meetings and any other scheduling needs for physicians.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. High school diploma or GED is required.
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree.
Courses in medical terminology and health care office management preferred.
2. 5+ years professional administrative / clinical experience at increasing levels of responsibility in a medical environment.
3. Proven track record of strong medical skills/experience. Professional level knowledge of medical billing practices.
4. Supervisory experience: strong employee and patient relations skills
5. Strong communication skills; verbal and written. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse candidate and employee population, and at a variety of educational levels. 6. Professional aptitude, presentation and demeanor.
7. Business-level competency with electronic software. 9. Intermediate 10 Key capability. 10. Basic Accounting skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Computer Skills: 3 years (Preferred)
- Administrative: 3 years (Preferred)
- Licence/Certification (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
Company’s Facebook page: